20 May 2011

refresheddesigns. is born!


Hi everyone! This is my first post on refresheddesigns., so let me tell you a little about myself. 

I'm Kelly, originally from the East Coast of Canada and now living in trendy Calgary, Alberta. I am a 9-5er by day, but breaking into entrepreneurship through an interior redesign, redecorating and reorganizing business by night and weekend.

I have always loved beautiful spaces and simple design. I believe homes and work spaces should make you happy and be functional -- all accomplished affordably and sustainably. You can have wonderful spaces without spending a lot of cash! I adhere to the principle of consuming as little as possible, so I always try to reuse and re-purpose when I can, and I also use things found in the great outdoors. Of course, that doesn't mean that I don't also shop my little heart out in search of a good buy! 

DIY is an ongoing passion, so I will post projects of mine and of others here to give you ideas. I am also an avid magazine and website/blog reader, so I will post lots of pictures that I find inspiring. 

So to get us started, here are a few pics of rooms that I love for Spring and Summer. Light and airy and...refreshed!! 

 From House Beautiful magazine.

From Country Living magazine.





From Country Living magazine.


I would love to hear your comments, ideas and suggestions. See you all again soon!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for making my day!