8 June 2011

bungalow renovation on a budget

I thought I would share with you a project that I completed a few years ago- a complete gut job and renovation (with small addition) of a tiny1950's bungalow I fell in love with and purchased. I love a project like this, and it was especially challenging because I had a small budget, so stock materials were used and I recycled whenever possible!

It turned out great- outside and in. A small addition was built onto the back that included large and long windows, adding much needed light. Dark hardwood flooring throughout the main level cranked it up a notch, and taking down walls between living room and kitchen, and therefore exposing a brick chimney, made it feel much bigger and gave it character.

Kitchen before:

Kitchen after:


Miniscule bathroom before:

Large bathroom with main floor laundry after:

Unfinished basement before:

Cozy TV room with custom barn-board shelving after:

And the cute exterior makeover:


Sorry I don't have more and better pictures, but I lived here before I blogged! 

Have you done a renovation? Anything learned in the process that you could share?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for making my day!