22 September 2014

organic week and antique weekend

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you had an enjoyable weekend. I certainly did - and made a good start to Organic Week by visiting a local Saturday market that hosts some wonderful organic farm stands. I stocked up on greens to kickstart a Fall of boosted nutrition and goodness. I couldn't resist picking up some local flowers too - these irises were calling out...

organic week; market vegetables; organic; photography; flowers

My breakfast on Sunday was chia seeds, organic oats, raisins and vanilla soaked in almond milk overnight. I added slivered almonds and some cinnamon in the morning and it simply delicious.

I also attended the Aberfoyle Antique Market for its Fall show, and it did not disappoint! There were so many great vendors and good buys, I had a tough time not over-consuming. In the end I stuck to what I wanted to find - an old enamel measuring cup which I now use to hold my wooden kitchen spoons and antique soup spoons and a serving fork. Oh, and an adorable small bottle (perhaps an old ink bottle?) that works perfectly as a bud vase.

vintage treasures; antiques, antique market

What a super way to spend the last weekend of summer. I noticed on my evening walk last night that the leaves are beginning to turn. Let Autumn's splendour begin.

coloured maple leaves

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for making my day!