2 November 2014

DIY plant shelf

You know by now that I love plants, both outdoors and in. They have the ability to instantly pick up my mood and make me feel like I'm surrounded by nature. Plus of course they are great for indoor air quality. This weekend I rearranged my condo (yes, again) to optimize the sunlight and space for my indoor plants. I'm very lucky to have a bright white condo facing southwest, so I wanted to take advantage by creating a plant shelf in addition to the antique bench I have in front of the patio doors.

rustic shelf DIY

small condo, health living, plants indoors

natural design condo

As with most of my DIY's, I wanted to accomplish it with reclaimed materials and without spending much money. Enter an old weathered plank and vintage shelf brackets. My parents visited in September and brought with them some old boards that were outside on their country property. Planks left outside for years = perfectly weathered rustsic shelves. I picked up some rusted shelf brackets on the cheap last weekend at the Aberfoyle Antique Market, aka heaven.

nature in the home

modern rustic plant shelf

Have you checked out Urban Jungle Bloggers yet? It's a fabulous blog that celebrates bringing greenery indoors. My kind of site. Head over and see all the great inspiration that will make you head to your local nursery ASAP. Their plant shelfie month inspired my rustic plant shelf - it was a fun project!

7 comments :

  1. A beautiful home with lots of wonderful plants. And a great plant shelfie!! Thank you for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words Igor. And thanks for providing such great inspiration on Urban Jungle Bloggers!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! beautiful home and beautifully decorated! You are obviously very good at wide shots!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Barb! Good lighting helps so much, doesn't it?

      Delete
  4. Such beautiful light in your cosy home! And a lovely plant shelfie with lush greens <3 Thank you for being part of our green family, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Judith! Yes, I'm extremely lucky to have such a light-filled apartment - its a great home for the plants. Thanks for sharing inspiration through Urban Jungle Bloggers!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for making my day!